Welcome to my July TBR,
I swear each time I blink a new month is upon us and my TBR pile is getting bigger not smaller. This month I have another 8 books I want to try and get to and another 3 bonus books. I love the idea of having bonus books due to the fact that for what ever reason I am not in the mood for the books I have in my TBR or I finish it I have others I know I need to get too sooner rather than later.
I find it hard to keep track of all the series I have started and need to finish. So between doing my monthly TBRs and my Goodreads account I feel like I am keeping a better eye on the list and slowly getting my series caught up and/or finished.
My July TBR list :
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell pgs. 522
- 16th Seduction by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 355
- The Thief by J.R. Ward pgs. 454
- The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket pgs. 323
- Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout pgs. 362
- The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter pgs. 442
- Sleep Like a Baby by Charlaine Harris pgs. 288
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon pgs. 380
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson pgs. 464
- Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis pgs. 384
- Sassy Little Thing Bella Jewel pgs. 219
I have already started When Dimple Met Rishi and am excited to keep reading it. I haven’t read a book like this before so it is nice for a change and I like what I have read so far.
I am going to go back to reading my book. I hope you all read some good books this month.
Welcome to the end of June or the beginning of July depending on when I post this. This month did not go to plan reading wise. Not only did I go through a reading slump at the beginning of the month but I then had a issue with my sight where I could not see for over a week. So in saying that I didn’t get as much reading done as I normally would. This month I read 8 books, which is still amazing considering how bad my reading slump was and how bad my eye sight was.
Most of the books I read this month I really enjoyed except one which was The Last Star by Rick Yancey. I still rated the book 3 stars but that was due to somewhat liking the over all series not the book it self. I still can not pin point what it was about this book that I just did not like I just know I was not a fan.
My reading list in order of reading:
- The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket pgs. 337 – 3 STARS
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson pgs. 432 – 4.5 STAR9S
- 15th Affair by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 480 – 4 STARS
- Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff pgs. 416 – 4 STARS
- Death Bringer by Derek Landy pgs. 603 – 4 STARS
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey pgs. 338 – 3 STARS
- The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter pgs. 438 – 4 STARS
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber pgs. 451 – 4 STARS
TOTAL PAGE COUNT READ : 3,495
I have to say Morgan Matson has become one of my new favourite authors, Save the Date was my top book this month. I could not put it down and I loved how this book focused on the family more than the relationship (not that I don’t love a good romance, it was just fun to read something a little different).
All in all I had a great reading month as I enjoyed so many of my reads. The last few months I have been hitting the jackpot with high star rating reads and I hope July is no different.
So bye for now and on to my July TBR 🙂
Hello again book lovers,
Last month I was lucky enough to go to and meet Jay Kristoff for his book Lifel1k3. Goodreads blurb for the book. On a floating junkyard beneath a radiation sky, a deadly secret lies buried in the scrap. Eve isn’t looking for secrets—she’s too busy looking over her shoulder. The robot gladiator she’s just spent six months building has been reduced to a smoking wreck, and the only thing keeping her Grandpa from the grave was the fistful of credits she just lost to the bookies. To top it off, she’s discovered she can destroy electronics with the power of her mind, and the puritanical Brotherhood are building a coffin her size. If she’s ever had a worse day, Eve can’t remember it. But when Eve discovers the ruins of an android boy named Ezekiel in the scrap pile she calls home, her entire world comes crashing down. With her best friend Lemon Fresh and her robotic conscience, Cricket, in tow, she and Ezekiel will trek across deserts of irradiated glass, infiltrate towering megacities and scour the graveyard of humanity’s greatest folly to save the ones Eve loves, and learn the dark secrets of her past. Even if those secrets were better off staying buried.
I haven’t had a chance to read Lifel1k3 yet but it is on this months TBR and it is one of my most anticipated releases for the year. I am excited to read it and the following books in the series, which I was excited to hear was in the works. I loved hearing Jay speak about lifel1ke3 and all his other books. You can clearly tell how much he loves what he does in the way he speaks and it was amazing to meet him again and get my copy of the book signed.
Jay Kristoff has become one of my new favourite authors and I am excited for all his books coming out in the near future. I suggest anyone who hasn’t heard about his books to look his work up and give him a go. Not only is his books amazing he is so friendly and down to earth.
I only just realised that at the beginning of the year I never posted my most highly anticipated books for 2018. So I decided I would finally post one with books that are still to be released for the rest of the year. All these books are ones I am really excited to read and are by authors I love. Some of these are from on going series and others are stand alones or the beginning of one. There are 10 books on my list to share with you all and they are:
- My Plain Jane (Second book in The Lady Janies) by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton – 26th of June
- The Darkest Star (First book in Origin) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – 30th of October
- We Three Heroes (Novella in The Medoran Chronicles) by Lynette Noni – 1st of September
- Kingdom of Ash (Seventh book in The Throne of Glass) by Sarah J. Maas – 23rd of October
- Stygian (Twenty Ninth book in The Dark Hunters) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – 28th of August
- Escaping from Houdini (Third book in Stalking Jack the Ripper) by Kerri Maniscalco – 18th of September
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Second book in the Guide series) by Mackenzi Lee – 2nd of October
- Consumed (New Series) by J.R Ward – 2nd of October
- Catwoman Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas – 7th of August
- An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris – 1st of October
I am really excited to read The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy and Escaping from Houdini. I have been counting down the days for both of these books and the authors are now favourites of mine.
I would love to know what books people are looking forward to for the rest of 2018.
Hello again for another monthly wrap up,
This month has been quite a month for sickness and health issues for me, so I have been spending a lot of time on bed rest. The one good thing about all this is I got SO MUCH reading done this month. Not only did I read all the books on my TBR and the bonus books, I also read more. I ended up completing 15 books for the month. YES you heard right 15, even I am in shock with how much I read for the month of May. Not only did I read a large number of books I also enjoyed so many of them and gave most of them 4 or 5 stars on Goodreads.
My LONG list of books I read :
- The Carnivorous Carnival by Lemony Snicket pgs. 286 – 4 STARS
- About that Kiss by Jill Shalvis pgs. 349 – 5 STARS
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey pgs. 320 – 3 STARS
- The Good Girls by Sara Shepard pgs. 368 – 3 STARS
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas pgs. 699 – 5 STARS
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli pgs. 368 – 5 STARS
- Graevale by Lynette Noni pgs. 454 – 5 STARS
- Blood Fury by J.R Ward pgs. 411 – 5 STARS
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows pgs. 491 – 4 STARS
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson pgs. 519 – 5 STARS
- The Good Luck Sister by Jill Shalvis pgs. 147 – 5 STARS
- Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco pgs. 434 – 4 STARS
- A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas pgs. 272 – 4 STARS
- Lady Mary by Lucy Worsley pgs. 384 – 3 STARS
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline pgs. 374 – 3.5 STARS
TOTAL PAGE COUNT : 5, 876
I only just added up my page count and I can not even get my brain around that number. It is hard to pick my favourite book for the month with so many amazing reads but if I had to I would say Blood Fury by J.R Ward. Every time I read one of her books I can not put it down and this one was no different. My least favourite would have to be Lady Mary by Lucy Worsley and the only reason I would choose this one is because I just had very little knowledge of Tudor history and I think I would of enjoyed it more if I had known more.
I am so happy with the books I read this month and I hope next month I enjoy the books I read as much as the month of May. What was your favourite book for this month ? and have you read any of the books I read this month ? I would love to hear what your thoughts are on any of them.
Bye for now and I will see you again soon with my June TBR.