Hello and welcome to another TBR,
Septembers TBR is a little smaller this month as you can see due to the fact that this months books are larger books. I am sure I will read them all with no issues but I also wanted to leave some time to read a couple of books I am just feeling at the time. There as so many new books coming out too and I am sure I will want to read them as soon as they come out too, so I will have to see how this TBR list goes.
My TBR List:
- Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce
- The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- From Twinkle with Love by Sandhya Menon
- Gravity by Dannika Dark
- Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
I am really excited to get to all these books and I have already started Tempests and Slaughter. This is my very first Tamora Pierce book and so far I am liking it ( I hope it stays that way).
Well I am now going to lay down and read (the one good thing about having health issues and having to rest) and I will chat to you all soon.
Hey Book Friends,
Welcome to my August reading wrap up. This month I managed to read all of the books on my TBR except the bonus books, but I did read an extra 6 books. All up I read 14 books and I enjoyed 90% of the books I read, so I call this month a win.
The books I read this month:
- Roomies by Christina Lauren pgs. 368 – 5 STARS
- When Bruce Met Cyn… by Lori Foster pgs. 338 – 3.5 STARS
- The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket pgs. 353 – 3 STARS
- The 17th Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 384 – 4 STARS
- Fashionably Forever After by Robyn Peterman pgs. 250 – 3 STARS
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken pgs. 488 – 4.5 STARS
- By Your Side by Kasie West pgs. 346 – 4 STARS
- Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings pgs. 534 – 3.5 STARS
- What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera pgs. 448 – 4.5 STARS
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas pgs. 664 – 4.5 STARS
- Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart pgs. 320 – 3.5 STARS
- The Prophecy by Jennifer L. Armentrout pgs. 352 – 4.5 STARS
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas pgs. 448 – 4 STARS
- The Forest Queen by Betsy Cornwell pgs. 296 – 3.75 STARS
Total Page Count : 5,589
My favourite book this month was The Darkest Minds, I loved this book so much I had a hard time putting it down. I ended up seeing the movie for it this month also but I have to say it was so disappointing compared to the book. I had such high expectations and I just found the movie so lacking when it came to either the directing or the acting.
I am looking forward to my Septembers TBR and I am hoping I have just as good a reading month. Let me know what you guys have been reading and what you thought in the comments section below.
Welcome to another book haul,
I thought to myself that I had managed to lower the number of books I had gotten within a month, well that was until I got all the books together in a pile. I don’t think there are as many as last month but still a good stack of books. I want this blog be a little shorter than normal so I will get to the books I acquired in the month of July.
My list of books
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Slytherin Edition by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Ravenclaw Edition by J.K. Rowling
- Furyborn by Claire Legrand
- Social Creature by Tara Isabella Burton
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- The Emerald Sea By Richelle Mead
- Return to Fear Street : You May Kill the Bride by R.L Stine
- The Darkest Mind Series Box Set by Alexandra Bracken
So all up I acquired 11 books in the month of July. Now to find a place to put them, which is the biggest challenge.
What books did you all get in the month of July ?
Hello Everyone and Welcome to my August TBR,
It may show how much of book worm I am but I am beyond excited to get into this months TBR. I have 8 books I want to complete with 4 Bonus books this month. If I don’t get to my bonus books this months they will be in the next months TBR because they are books I want to get to sooner rather than later.
My list includes :
- Roomies by Christina Lauren
- The 17th Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket
- Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
- When Bruce Met Cyn by Lori Foster
- The Prophecy by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Fashionably Forever After by Robyn Peterman
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton
- The Darkest Secrets by Gena Showalter
- The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager
- Gravity by Dannika Dark
I have had such good luck with my reading choices lately and how much I have loved most of the books I have been reading so I am hoping I have the same luck this month. What do you all plan to read this month ? and have you read any of the books on my list ?
Welcome to the end of July and another Reading Wrap Up,
This month not only went quick but it feels like it never really happened, but then I look back at home much I have read and there is clear proof that the month was here and maybe my head was in to many books to notice the month going by (and I am not sorry for it). This month I not only read my TBR list and my Bonus books, I also read an extra 2 novella and 4 more books on top of my huge pile. So in total I read 17 books and I loved most of them.
This month I could not get enough of Contemporary and Romance novels. I would start one just before bed and I could not put them down till I had finished them. I have had a lot of anxiety issues and these books just leave me feeling happy so I think that is why I was eating them up this month.
On to my list of books I read in the month of July and my Star ratings:
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon pgs. 380 – 4.5 STARS
- Sleep Like a Baby Charlaine Harris pgs. 288 – 3.5 STARS
- The Trial by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 110 – 4 STARS
- The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket pgs. 323 – 3 STARS
- 16th Seduction by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 355 – 4 STARS
- The Thief by J.R. Ward pgs. 454 – 5 STARS
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell pgs. 522 – 3.75 STARS
- Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout pgs. 362 – 4 STARS
- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell pgs. 323 – 4 STARS
- Sassy Little Thing by Bella Jewel pgs. 219 – 4 STARS
- Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis pgs. 384 – 5 STARS
- The Medical Examiner by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 144 – 4 STARS
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren pgs. 320 – 5 STARS
- The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter pgs. 442 – 3.75 STARS
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson pgs. 464 – 4.5 STARS
- Me, Please by Bella Jewel pgs. 219 – 4 STARS
- Ronan by Teresa Gabelman pgs. 256 – 4 STARS
TOTAL PAGE COUNT : 5,101
I have to say my Favourite book this month is a surprise to me because I have never read this author before and I only started this book when I did because it was on my phone and had nothing else on me at the time. Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren was such a fun read. I loved everything about this book and read it way to quickly for my taste, but the good thing about that is I can now read more of her books ASAP.
Well now to go figure out what I want to read for the month of August.
Hello and welcome to my new post,
I was looking over my blog tonight and noticed I never posted my Goodreads reading challenge number for the year. So I decided to look on Goodreads for the number of books I set my self to read for the year.
First thing I noticed was I set my goal as 75 books for the year and the second thing I noticed was I had already read 76 books. Yes you read right 76 books and I have no idea how that has happened being that we are only in July. So when I noticed that I decided to reset my goal to 100 books. I know, I know its only 26 books for the rest of the year after reading 76 is just over 6 months, but I decided I wanted a lower number of books as the books I plan to read are a bit bigger than normal.
I have been setting Goodreads reading challenges for the past 4 years and I have loved knowing how many books I have read in a year. So stay tuned and see if I have to reset it again and what ends up being the total number of books I read by the end of 2018.
Have any of you set reading challenge goals ? and if so how many ?
Goodbye for now 🙂
Welcome to my very first book haul,
I decided not only to share with you all what books I got in the month of June but also by writing down how many books I got in a month might keep me in check. This month I can clearly say that did not happen, whoops. The problem I have is so many books that I love seem to come out around this time of year and I keep finding new authors that are amazing. So in saying all that welcome to the very first book haul list.
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson
- Skulduggery Pleasant Midnight by Derek Landy
- Without Merit by Colleen Hoover
- Legendary by Stephaine Garber
- Raelia by Lynette Noni
- Draekora by Lynette Noni
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
I plan on doing a book haul each month from now on as long as I get books within the month (who am I kidding I haven’t ever not brought a book in a month). I hope you enjoy seeing my hauls and if there is anything else you would love to see please let me know. I could always use ideas for fresh content.
Welcome to my July TBR,
I swear each time I blink a new month is upon us and my TBR pile is getting bigger not smaller. This month I have another 8 books I want to try and get to and another 3 bonus books. I love the idea of having bonus books due to the fact that for what ever reason I am not in the mood for the books I have in my TBR or I finish it I have others I know I need to get too sooner rather than later.
I find it hard to keep track of all the series I have started and need to finish. So between doing my monthly TBRs and my Goodreads account I feel like I am keeping a better eye on the list and slowly getting my series caught up and/or finished.
My July TBR list :
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell pgs. 522
- 16th Seduction by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 355
- The Thief by J.R. Ward pgs. 454
- The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket pgs. 323
- Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout pgs. 362
- The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter pgs. 442
- Sleep Like a Baby by Charlaine Harris pgs. 288
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon pgs. 380
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson pgs. 464
- Rainy Day Friends by Jill Shalvis pgs. 384
- Sassy Little Thing Bella Jewel pgs. 219
I have already started When Dimple Met Rishi and am excited to keep reading it. I haven’t read a book like this before so it is nice for a change and I like what I have read so far.
I am going to go back to reading my book. I hope you all read some good books this month.
Welcome to the end of June or the beginning of July depending on when I post this. This month did not go to plan reading wise. Not only did I go through a reading slump at the beginning of the month but I then had a issue with my sight where I could not see for over a week. So in saying that I didn’t get as much reading done as I normally would. This month I read 8 books, which is still amazing considering how bad my reading slump was and how bad my eye sight was.
Most of the books I read this month I really enjoyed except one which was The Last Star by Rick Yancey. I still rated the book 3 stars but that was due to somewhat liking the over all series not the book it self. I still can not pin point what it was about this book that I just did not like I just know I was not a fan.
My reading list in order of reading:
- The Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket pgs. 337 – 3 STARS
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson pgs. 432 – 4.5 STAR9S
- 15th Affair by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro pgs. 480 – 4 STARS
- Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff pgs. 416 – 4 STARS
- Death Bringer by Derek Landy pgs. 603 – 4 STARS
- The Last Star by Rick Yancey pgs. 338 – 3 STARS
- The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter pgs. 438 – 4 STARS
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber pgs. 451 – 4 STARS
TOTAL PAGE COUNT READ : 3,495
I have to say Morgan Matson has become one of my new favourite authors, Save the Date was my top book this month. I could not put it down and I loved how this book focused on the family more than the relationship (not that I don’t love a good romance, it was just fun to read something a little different).
All in all I had a great reading month as I enjoyed so many of my reads. The last few months I have been hitting the jackpot with high star rating reads and I hope July is no different.
So bye for now and on to my July TBR 🙂
Hello again book lovers,
Last month I was lucky enough to go to and meet Jay Kristoff for his book Lifel1k3. Goodreads blurb for the book. On a floating junkyard beneath a radiation sky, a deadly secret lies buried in the scrap. Eve isn’t looking for secrets—she’s too busy looking over her shoulder. The robot gladiator she’s just spent six months building has been reduced to a smoking wreck, and the only thing keeping her Grandpa from the grave was the fistful of credits she just lost to the bookies. To top it off, she’s discovered she can destroy electronics with the power of her mind, and the puritanical Brotherhood are building a coffin her size. If she’s ever had a worse day, Eve can’t remember it. But when Eve discovers the ruins of an android boy named Ezekiel in the scrap pile she calls home, her entire world comes crashing down. With her best friend Lemon Fresh and her robotic conscience, Cricket, in tow, she and Ezekiel will trek across deserts of irradiated glass, infiltrate towering megacities and scour the graveyard of humanity’s greatest folly to save the ones Eve loves, and learn the dark secrets of her past. Even if those secrets were better off staying buried.
I haven’t had a chance to read Lifel1k3 yet but it is on this months TBR and it is one of my most anticipated releases for the year. I am excited to read it and the following books in the series, which I was excited to hear was in the works. I loved hearing Jay speak about lifel1ke3 and all his other books. You can clearly tell how much he loves what he does in the way he speaks and it was amazing to meet him again and get my copy of the book signed.
Jay Kristoff has become one of my new favourite authors and I am excited for all his books coming out in the near future. I suggest anyone who hasn’t heard about his books to look his work up and give him a go. Not only is his books amazing he is so friendly and down to earth.